Sunday, May 27, 2012

Gift from Above

"Gift from Above"
oil on panel, 12 x 16


"Gift from Above"
oil on panel, 12 x 16

The idea to paint a fallen branch had been floating around in my head for a couple of days before the opportunity and push to do it fell from above.

I had been looking for new still life ideas since i was getting a bit repetitive with my usual still life subjects, and though it cool to paint a dead branch, i pictured it in my head lifeless and dark, or full of fruit and green.

the idea remained that way, an idea. I kept wondering how and where i could come across this proposed tree branch, because i didn't want to stage anything either, it had to be all natural, it must be a true fallen branch, not anything huge either, but no twigs.

a few days went buy, and one morning, on the way to my little studio in the backyard, there it was. One of our trees, a "Mispero" I believe the name of the type of tree is, had dropped a small branch in my path. This was it, this was what I had been looking for, and it turned out i didn't need to look far.

the small branch was full of fruit, and had nice and clean big leaves, it was perfect.

thank you Mispero.

No comments:

Post a Comment